Home > About > Contact-us > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some frequently asked questions we receive…

  • How do I make an FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) request?
  • MoreThe Village Clerk handles all FOIL requests. Click Here to access the Village Clerk’s page and the necessary forms.

  • How can I submit a service request online?
  • MoreService Requests can be submitted right here. Service requests should be used to report maintenance concerns (e.g. roads, parks) to the Village Manager.
    For Street light outages use NYSEG online form (http://www NULL.nyseg NULL.com/Outages/streetlightoutageform NULL.html) or call them at 1-800-572-1111 (please have pole # available) – if no action is taken within reasonable time frame, contact the Village.

  • Where can I park in the Village?
  • MoreUnless there is a snow emergency, parking is available on most streets as signed. The Walden Business Association created the following map that highlights downtown parking areas (http://www NULL.waldenbusinessassociation NULL.org/parking).

  • Where can I obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate?
  • MoreThe Village Clerk handles certificates for births and deaths that occurred within the village. Click Here to access the Village Clerk’s page and the necessary forms.

  • Where can I obtain a copy of a  marriage certificate?
  • MoreThe Town of Montgomery Clerk (http://www NULL.townofmontgomery NULL.com/component/option,com_phocadownload/Itemid,2/id,8/lang,en/view,category/) handles marriage certificates.

  • How do I dispose of leaves in the fall?
  • MoreYard Waste is picked up on Thursdays from April thru October. For out of season pick-ups, you may contact the local Transfer Station (http://www NULL.co NULL.orange NULL.ny NULL.us/orgMain NULL.asp?storyID=2730&sid=) or a private firm.

  • When will my garbage/bulk pick-up be?
  • MoreGarbage is picked up each Tuesday. Single Stream Recycling each Wednesday. Bulk Pickup occurs twice a year, once in May and once in October. See the Events Calendar for exact dates.

  • What types of recyclables does the Garbage company collect?
  • MoreStarting in 2011, we are using Single Stream Recycling. Click here for details.

  • Who do I contact for building permits and certificates of occupancy?
  • MoreThe Village Building Inspector.

  • How do I contact the court in Walden?
  • MoreClick here for the Village Justice Court page.

  • Can I pay my parking ticket online?
  • MoreSorry, we don’t have online bill pay capability yet.

  • Where can I find information regarding elections?
  • MoreYou can monitor the local papers or contact the Village Clerk’s Office.

  • How do I get a copy of the agendas and minutes from public meetings?
  • MoreClick here.

  • How do I apply for a Block Party Permit?
  • MoreContact Vicki Kurtz at the Village office for the appropriate forms. Email her (v NULL.kurtz null@null hvc NULL.rr NULL.com) or call (845) 778-2177

  • How do I apply for a park, field & facility permit?
  • MoreContact the Recreation and Parks Department.