Fred Perna, Working Leader
Public Works Office: (845) 778-2177 ext. 1521| Send email (vowpublicworks null@null hvc NULL.rr NULL.com?subject=Email from Website)
Village Hotline: (845) 778-4919
(Snow or any other service interruption)
The primary responsibility of the Public Works Department is to deliver facilities and infrastructure that meet the needs of the community, and comply with all applicable engineering standards. The Department achieves its goals through planning, design, construction, and operation and maintenance of the Village’s capital projects and infrastructure, and also through plan review and permit processes to regulate and facilitate private development.
Public Works is made up of three divisions:
- Highway and Maintenance
- Water Works
Public Works services include:
- Sewer and storm drain engineering, maintenance and operation.
- Water plant and distribution system operation and maintenance.
- Waste water treatment plant and collection system operation and maintenance.
- Capital project design.
- Capital improvement program implementation.
- Traffic engineering, planning and traffic control systems.
- Equipment maintenance and replacement planning.
- Street maintenance.
- Construction inspection.
- Building facility maintenance.