1 Municipal Square Walden, NY 12586
(845) 778-2177 ext. 1501 | Send Email (waldenvc null@null hvc NULL.rr NULL.com?subject=Email from Website)
Deputy Village Clerk, Marisa Kraus
(845)778-2177 ext. 1503 | Send Email (mkraus null@null hvc NULL.rr NULL.com?subject=Email%20from%20Website)
The Village Clerk is the appointed officer of the Village of Walden, who has custody of the corporate seal, books and records of the Village of Walden.
- The Village Clerk maintains all village resolutions and local laws including Walden’s General Code (http://www NULL.ecode360 NULL.com/?custId=WA0823).
- Serves as Records Access Officer producing books, records and papers for inspection under the Freedom of Information Law.
- Provides for the proper and orderly conduct of the Village Election in her capacity as Election Officer.
- Serves as Licensing Agent that issues licenses for the conduct of bingo, taxi businesses, and towing.
- Issues handicap parking permits.
- Registrar of Vital Statistics that issues copies of birth and death certificates that occurred within Village limits beginning as far back at 1888.
The Village Clerk is a notary public and provides notarization services at no charge. Please bring in your forms* to be notarized as well as proper photo ID card (New York State issued driver license or student ID card). Remember, you must sign the forms in her presence for her to be able to notarize them for you.
*Please note that she cannot notarize wills unless in the presence of the attorney who drafted such will.
About The Clerk
Tara was appointed as the Village Clerk in January 2013. She is a graduate of York College in Pennsylvania. Prior to her appointment she was the Office Manager at the Town of Wallkill Boys and Girls Club. She also worked as the Office Manager for Orange County Veterinary Hospital and the General Manager at Winding Hills Golf Club & Restaurant. When she is not working she will most likely be found volunteering her time with the Junior League of Orange County, NY, Inc., Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County where she has been a one on one mentor for the past 16 years, or for the Corrine Feller Memorial Fund Committee which works hard to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer. She is a proud 2010 Graduate of Leadership Orange and was recognized in December 2010 as an Orange County Rising Star. She was born and raised in Orange County and currently resides with her husband and their two children in Walden.